Once upon a time, on a family vacation, we drove through
Bakersfield (correction, it was Fresno), California, and I noticed a small crowd gathered on a street corner. As we passed them, I realized they were KKK members, and I felt physically ill. So that's what I saw in Bakersfield Fresno.
This is what you see if you hold your nose and make it over to a KKK site:
I am proud to announce that the Realm of Kentucky is hosting a Cross Lighting in the Louisa/Yatesville area. One of our members owns around 10 acres and has been nice enough to host the event. The event will be open to members, family of members and people who have met local leaders that are interested in joining.
The event will be held September 14, 2013, which falls on a Saturday. We do not expect trouble since the event is held on private property. There will be tons of food, fun and of course, the Cross Lighting. We are placing the Cross on a hill on the property which should be seen from a very far distance!
No drugs of any sort are allowed. Donations are not expected, but are welcomed. Please see Kentucky’s Grand Dragon James Roberts for more information about the event.
But come on, America, it's not really all that bad, because the KKK calls it a "cross lighting" now, not a cross burning, and their members are "nice" because they donated an arena on which their family valuesy family members are invited to join the KKKlub.
And hey kids! There will be tons of food and fun! But because they're such a wholesome bunch, NO DRUGS!
See the name "James Roberts" in that announcement? He left a Very Special comment at Topix that goes a little something like this:
James Roberts | Saturday
Parent, its scary to think you are raising children. The United States was founded by white people, the majority being Christian.
Louisa is a low educated town, filled with pill poppers and obese losers. The Klan is needed.
If you want to raise your children to tolerate sodomy and race-mixing, go ahead. The Bible commands against both. The Klan is alive and well.
1. James Roberts is illiterate.
2. James Roberts thinks obese people are losers. Pot. Kettle. Loser.
3. James Roberts thinks anyone but svelte white Christians are losers. See above.
4. James Roberts thinks sodomy has some scary, hidden connection to "race-mixing," obesity, and "pill-popping." I'm going out on a limb and suggesting that very white, very racist, very Bible thumpy James Roberts is totally (and secretly) into sodomy.
5. James Roberts thinks the Klan is (alive and) well. It may be alive, but it's certainly not at all well.
6. James Roberts is a sick, racist f***.
"... In the South the KKK looked up the Birchers as good recruiting material."
Hop over to her post for more.
UPDATE: More at this local news site.
Huge h/t: Laurel Davila