Sometimes I get so frustrated and/or disheartened and/or annoyed by some of the news stories of the day that I can’t bring myself to write about them. Here are a few recent reports that made my blood pressure hit the roof. I am avoiding delving into them at length out of concern for my physical and mental health.
- Mayor Bloomberg Equates Civil Rights Group Fighting Stop-And-Frisk With Gun Lobby ‘Extremists’– False equivalencies R Us… which means he’s qualified to be a cable news show host.
- GOP Targets Women With Ads For Bill That Would Weaken Overtime Pay– How’s that reachy-outy, makeovery, reinventiony thing workin’ for ya?
- Florida Legislators Pass Bill To Speed Up Death Penalty, Saying, ‘This Is Not About Guilt Or Innocence’– Of course not. It’s about all that right-to-lifey
revengejustice. Possible exoneration after the fact has nothing to do with this.
- Facebook Rejects Ad Highlighting Zuckerberg Group’s Support For Keystone XL– Because nothing says “conviction” and “principled” like avoidance.
- North Carolina Under-Reported Worker Deaths And Ignored Multiple Workplace Safety Violations– Come on, chill, they’re just ::holding nose:: workers! Icky people who, you know, sweat and stuff.
- Tea Party Congressman: Attorney General Holder Is On The Side Of The Boston Bombers– Three words: Tea party, Gohmert. ‘Nuff said.
- “Promoting energy-efficient products and services on the basis of their environmental benefits actually turned conservatives off from picking them.”– Conservatives hate conserving. And irony isn’t dead.
See what I mean? So who’s up for a couple of Margs or a trough of wine?