Via Politico, but this list seems pretty comprehensive.
Obama gets sworn in — twice
Sarah Palin resigns
Sheila Jackson-Lee addresses Michael Jackson's funeral
Patti Blagojevich teams up with Heidi and Spencer on reality TV
The White House beer summit
Sanford confesses — and confesses, and confesses
Tom DeLay goes on "Dancing With the Stars"
Bloomberg, Gingrich and Sharpton team up
Who's the leader of the GOP?
Doug Hoffman says ACORN stole his election
Some of my most overhyped stories are also from yesterday's most memorable lines- The Dean Scream and the Kerry Flip Flop, both just beat into the ground over nothing. And just let me say that there were days that Giuliani and Thompson were the only fun to be had in the primaries, and I missed them both when they dropped out. Via First Read.
1. WMD/Iraq as an imminent threat
2. Joe the Plumber
3. Rudy Giuliani/Fred Thompson (tie)
4. The public option
5. Color-coded DHS terror-threat alerts
6. The Obama-Clinton battle over mandates
7. Those PUMAs
8. Bill Ayers
9. Al Gore endorsing Howard Dean
10. The West Virginia Primary
Via the guys at First Read. Any they missed? I think I would have included the "I'm the decider" just because I found it so damn irritating.
1. “I actually voted for the $87 billion before I voted against it.”
2. "The fundamentals of our economy are strong."
3. Bush's "Bring 'em on" and "Dead or alive" (tie).
4. "I can see Russia from my house."
5. "Brownie, you're doing a heck of a job."
6. "Go F%&@ yourself."
7. "So it's not surprising then that they get bitter; they cling to guns or religion..."
8. Rumsfeld's "no unknowns" and "Army you have" (tie).
9. "You lie!"
10. "Rudy Giuliani, there are only three things he mentions in a sentence -- a noun, verb, and 9/11."
As interpreted by the guys at First Read. I can't think of any to add.
The Political Carnival T-Shirt
Modeled by @suzannegypsy
Lt. Col Barry Wingard is the lawyer for Gitmo detainee Fayiz Al-Kandari. For their ongoing story + related topics, please click on the link below:
Kuwaiti Citizen Detained at Guantanamo since 2002
The Political Carnival is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
Photographs on The Political Carnival site (please read):
Photographs from other sources sometimes appear on TPC for humorous or illustrative purposes. As it is not our intention to use these images in any inappropriate manner or to infringe upon any rights held by others, anyone holding legal rights in the use of these images who wishes to have them taken down please contact us immediately requesting such removal, with which we will comply promptly.