Sometimes I get so frustrated and/or disheartened and/or annoyed by some of the news stories of the day that I can’t bring myself to write about them. Here are a few recent reports that made my blood pressure hit the roof. I am avoiding delving into them at length out of concern for my physical and mental health.
- Gun Protesters Plan March On Washington With Loaded Rifles To ‘Put The Government On Notice’– “We are truly saying in the SUBTLEST way possible that we would rather die on our feet than live on our knees.” You’re batcrap nuts, you f’ing loon. And I meant that in the SUBTLEST way possible.
- NRA’s LaPierre: ‘We will never surrender our guns’– You’ve already surrendered your sanity.
- Cuccinelli Grabs Early Lead in Virginia– We really didn’t need another WTF Moment, but here it is. This is the same guy who wants sodomy outlawed and failed to disclose gift vacations.
- Chris Christie Brags About Saving ‘School Children From Spider’– What else would he have to brag about with his record?
- House GOP Eyes Another Obamacare Repeal Vote ‘Soon’– Because the previous 36 that went nowhere just weren’t enough. Besides, jobs bills are so, you know, boring and pointless.
See what I mean? So who’s up for a couple of Margs or a trough of wine?