Please welcome back regular guest contributor, author of Being Christian — a racy novel that explores the dark underbelly of the right-wing Christian world — and the go-to blogger on shocking religion news, hypocrisy, and all things church v. state (weekly upchucks), KC Boyd. You might remember her from her earlier posts.
You can link over to the official KC Boyd site here for the rest of this post. It’s well worth a look, because I left out a ton of great upchuckable stuff, including antidotes! These are but a few of her weekly “where religion meets your rights” collection:
Your Weekly Upchucks: The place where religion meets your rights
– by KC Boyd
Abortion, Contraception And Women’s Issues
- It’s About The Politics Chuck: Nearly all of Ohio abortion clinics unlicensed-State hasn’t updated clinics on their status
- The Real-World Tragedy Of Upchuck: Soon in Texas, One Abortion Provider for Every One Million Potentially Pregnant Texans
- Legal Discrimination In Tucky, Chucky? Proposed Ky. ‘Ark Park’ Engages In Religious Employment Discrimination And In No Way Should Receive Tax Break From Kentucky
- Ham In My Upchuck: Neil deGrasse Tyson Says Creationist Ken Ham’s Beliefs Are ‘Even Crazy to Many Christians’
- Exhausted. Exhausting. Enough. Chough: Censorship Challenge: Texas Pastor Seeks Restrictions On ‘Dangerous’ Library Books
- 1st Amendment Hurl: Americans United reminds North Carolina teachers they can’t pray with students, despite a new state law.
- Upchuck Nation: Why Conservative Christian Homeschoolers Are Fighting Standards That Don’t Apply To Them
- It’s All About The ‘Christian’ Chuck: Florida Private School Tax-Credit Program Violates State Constitution And Should Be Struck Down
End Times, Israel And John Hagee
- Homegrown Upchuck: ‘Doomsday preppers’ admit to hoarding guns, booby traps for end-time battle with feds
Fifty Shades Of Cray-Cray
- Loons ’Spewin’: The world according to Pat: Straight single mothers turn their sons gay.
- Spew Me A River: Pat Robertson on why Robin Williams killed himself: ‘The heathen’ worships false gods
Fifty Shades Of Hate
- Spew It Forward: Tony Perkins: It’s #POB’s Fault People Think He’s A Muslim Just Like It’s Tony Perkins Fault People Know He’s An Idiot
Fifty Shades Of Lies, Hypocrisy And Propaganda
- Bingo-Chuck.There are two kinds of Christians in America — those who watch porn and those who lie about it.
- He Is, Thus He Upchucks: David Barton: Obama, Kerry Won’t Fight Terrorism Because Of Their Support For Abortion Rights
- Animal Scat: Tony Perkins Praises Strict Gun Laws … In Israel
Fifty Shades Of Lies, Hypocrisy And Propaganda
- Spew-Hard: Religious Right Homeschool Leaders Backtrack on Bill Gotthard & Patriarcy Movement.
- Church/State Separation Hero To Go At Military Upchuckers: For the first time, the Military Religious Freedom Foundation has been asked to testify at a congressional hearing.
- Upchuck On Me: One of Largest Christian Colleges Decides Divorcing President Can Keep His Job
- The Derps Upchuck : Christer A-List Court Voters In Church:
- Klinky, Dinky, Hurl: A Bridge Too Far: Klingenschmitt ‘Apologizes’ For Accusing Rep Polis Of Wanting To Join ISIS & Behead Christians
- Denouncing De-Scum-Chuck: Klingenschmitt Denounced By Colorado Republican Leader Whose Seat He Hopes To Fill
- Hurly Burly Pukey Lukey: This One Congressional Race Epitomizes the GOP’s Increasing Extremism
- L’Autre Quatre Pukes Must Die: Mitch McConnell prays for the health of five Justices on the Supreme Court
Religion Gone Bad
- ‘Splaining The Pukes: Elaine White was once in the inner circle of political power in the second-largest state in the nation. Then a crisis of faith changed all that.
- He Vomits Hate: Pastor calls to imprison gays for ‘ten years hard labor’ with new constitutional amendment
- Roy Moore Redux-Chux: Another Ala. Official Thinks The Constitution Is Based On The Ten Commandments
- Mourning In Chuck’s America: The Decline of Liberalism Threatens Secularism in America. Statehouses are succumbing to the agenda of the Christian right.
- Murder In the Name Of Upchuck: Jehovah’s Witnesses arrested after stopping terminally ill son from being treated
- Puken-omics: Mayor Forces Man To Leave Public Meeting Because He Won’t Stand During Prayer
- Puking Christian Caliphate: Bry-Bry Fischer: ‘The Most Patriotic Thing We Can Do Today Is To Worship The Lord Our God’
Sausage Makers And Its Makers
- Happ’nin’ In the States Chuckers: Nebraska Attorney General Has Close Relationship With Extreme Anti-Choice Group
- Rockin’ The Schadenfreude Hurl: Megachurch pastor Mark Driscoll was an evangelical rock star. Here’s how he fell from grace.
- Ultimate Upchuck: Where was their Jesus? Deaths of pastor, wife, ruled murder/suicide.
- Ewwwww-Chuck: SC Chamber of Commerce official/FamilyValues Dude Arrested 4 Forcing Sex On Juvenile
- A Hiccup Of Upchuck: Head of powerful conservative think tank brought down by office romance gone wrong
- Sin Is Good But Forgiveness Orgasmic: Porn Addiction in the Christian Community: Why Are Rates so High? For the faithful, porn addiction is about how guilty they feel when they do it.
Supremes And Lower Courts
- Oopsie Daisy Chuckie: Judge’s Scolding Puts Anti-Gay Indiana Governor in Tight Spot
- Sweet On Father Ball Chuck: Sweet Irony: Virginia’s Former Anti-Gay Governor Is Living With A Gay Priest
- Cray-Cray In My Upchuck: Conservative judge asks: Why not just criminalize fornication” in order to deal with its “unintended child problem?”
- State Officials: Insurers in California Cannot Limit Abortion Coverage
- Marriage Equality Supporters Just Won The Lottery In A Federal Appeals Court
- Hobby Lobby’ Aftermath: Illinois Seeks to Expand Birth Control Access
- And in Oklahoma, a judge ruled that the state can’t provide taxpayer funded scholarships to religious schools.
- Federal Court Blocks Part of Texas Abortion Law Preceding Immediate State Appeal
- Across the pond, religious leaders want a ban on faith schools excluding pupils because of their beliefs
- Baptist Church Cancels Gungor Event Over Views on Bible; Band Insists ‘No Reasonable Person Takes the Entire Bible Literally’