Sometimes I get so frustrated and/or disheartened and/or annoyed by some of the news stories of the day that I can’t bring myself to write about them. Here are a few recent reports that made my blood pressure hit the roof. I am avoiding delving into them at length out of concern for my physical and mental health.
- Jobless to feel pinch of federal cuts– “Payments to the state’s long-term unemployed will soon be trimmed 17.7%.” So not only has the GOP filibustered everything under the sun, not only have they, the gun industry and the NRA made life easier for murderers, they’ve now made life way harder for the unemployed. America first!
- Reuters Accidentally Publishes Obituary Of George Soros– Brought to you by the same news organization that got it wrong yesterday.
- Georgia Governor: Segregated School Prom Is A ‘Private Issue’– Trying to cover up blatant racism usually is.
- Keystone Pipeline Will Create Only 35 Permanent Jobs, Emit 51 Coal Plants’ Worth Of Carbon– But it will provide plenty of money to Big Oil and the pockets of Republican Congress members. Weeee!
- Ohio Catholic High School Fires Gay Teacher For Naming Partner In Mother’s Obituary– How dare she love and be deeply committed to someone?!
- Rubio Warns Republicans: If You Don’t Support My Immigration Plan, Obama Will Just Legalize Everyone– Psst! People are not illegal. Acts by people are. And of course, Compelling Marco from Cuba would feel all creepy crawly if the evil Kenyan President allowed too many other icky “bad people” to realize their dreams. Yes, Marco referred to President Obama as “bad people.”
- Congressman Invokes Conspiracy Theory In Hearing, Citing Drudge Report As ‘Reputable News Source’– Wowzers, using that standard, Rep. Jeff Duncan (R-SC) must think Fox is positively sterling!
- Florida Republicans Push Legislation Targeting Non-English Speaking Voters– Hey Florida GOP? ¡Mandar a algn a freír espárragos!
And just to get you really riled up:
See what I mean? So who’s up for a couple of Margs or a trough of wine?