Sometimes I get so frustrated and/or disheartened and/or annoyed by some of the news stories of the day that I can’t bring myself to write about them. Here are a few recent reports that made my blood pressure hit the roof. I am avoiding delving into them at length out of concern for my physical and mental health.
- On The Anniversary Of Virginia Tech, The NRA May Once Again Try To Weaken Gun Laws-- Gun manufacturer money is magic!
- Tea Party Congressman Uses Boston Marathon Bombing To Justify Opposing Immigration Reform-- Because admitting you're a racist just won't look good in the next GOP autopsy report.
- Texas Attorney General: Democrats Pose Greater Threat To Texas Than North Korea-- It must be all that caving. That can come off as awfully threatening.
- Pat Buchanan Calls For ‘A New Era Of Civil Disobedience’ Against LGBT Equality-- Wait. Pat Buchanan is still out there? And being quoted? Why? WHY?
- Ohio Republicans Want To Ban Sex Ed Classes From Talking About ‘Gateway Sexual Activity’-- "If a student receives such instruction, a parent or guardian can sue for damages, and a court may impose a civil fine of up to $5,000." Shh! Nobody tell the youngsters how to prevent pregnancy! Then, after they get pregnant, make it impossible for them to get abortions! And tell them what sinners they are! Family values are so complicated. How’s that reachy-outy, makeovery, reinventiony thing workin’ for ya, GOP? Did I mention that a Huge Majority Say Republicans are Out of Touch?
See what I mean? So who’s up for a couple of Margs or a trough of wine?