Sometimes I get so frustrated and/or disheartened and/or annoyed by some of the news stories of the day that I can’t bring myself to write about them. Here are a few recent reports that made my blood pressure hit the roof. I am avoiding delving into them at length out of concern for my physical and mental health.
- Republican Claims People ‘Want To See More Sequestration, Not Less’– Republican loves cuts. Republican hears what he wants to hear. Republican is delusional.
- Wisconsin Church Cancels Former NFL Player’s Speech For Supporting Jason Collins– Ooo, gays are icky! Ooo, gayness is bad! Mustn’t have their backs! Mustn’t treat them equally! Methinks Wisconsin should cancel its support for “some parents.”
- Ohio Republicans Want To Punish Colleges That Enable Students To Vote– This makes me want to punish Ohio Republicans. Voter suppression much? What exactly do they have against voting? Oh yeah. Democratic victories. I nearly forgot.
- Budget Cuts Devastate Meals On Wheels: Enrollment Slashed, Services Cancelled– Because bringing hot meals to homebound seniors and adults with disabilities is just too liberal and spendy.
- DIRTY TRICKS: Mysterious Conservative Group Sending Out Push Polls In South Carolina Special Election– What, putting lies in the form of a question in order to sabotage Elizabeth Colbert Busch’s chances against a lying, cheating coward like Mark Sanford isn’t kosher?
- Tea Party Activists Urge Palin to Run for Senate– Please proceed, Former Half Gov LameTweets McCan’tWin. (Our own lwdgrfx posted about that here)
See what I mean? So who’s up for a couple of Margs or a trough of wine?