How can Rachel Maddow be this good this often?
“How can you base your whole campaign for president on being against something that you did?”
Here’s the entire segment:
Willard Romney surrogate and possible running mate, Marco Rubio, actually suggested, “Don’t like Romneycare? Just move!”
Because, hey, you and I both know how easy it is to remedy a situation by trying to sell/sublet/break a contract/pick up and leave. The moving expenses alone are exorbitant, the time and effort are hugely burdensome and exhausting, and the idea that abandoning your own home, friends, family, and job is even an option is beyond absurd.
Yet this is Mitt’s possible vice presidential pick, Marco Rubio’s solution to anyone who doesn’t like Romneycare:
- Disrupt your entire life
- Uproot yourself
- Abandon your significant other or hope they’ll do everything on this list with you
- Throw your life into disarray
- Start a new life from scratch
- Leave all that is comfortable and dear
- Come up with a new place to live, a place in unfamiliar territory, that’s affordable
- Find work… in a new state where nobody knows you
- Make new friends
- And on top of all that, seek out new doctors who are as good and compatible as your former ones, the ones you had to leave behind.
I’m sorry what?!