K. C. Boyd, is the author of Being Christian - A Novel,: A black comedy guaranteed to take you on a wild and frightening ride deep into the dark side of the religious right. It is available on Amazon in multiple formats.
Your Weekly Upchucks: The place where religion meets your rights
The Weekly Upchuck December 21, 2014
Abortion, Contraception and Women’s Rights
- Christer Chuck’s Wife Never Has A Headache: Only in the Evangelical Mindset Could Being a Sexually Submissive Wife Make You a ‘Warrior’
- Son Of Hobby Lobby: Federal judge rules car dealership can legally exclude birth control for employees
- Dry Heaves: The Right Is Coming for Your Birth Control—They Just Don’t Want You to Know It, Yet.
- Steam Out The Ears, Upchuck Out The Mouth: Get Angry: 41 Years After ‘Roe,’ Thousands of Women Are Dying From Unsafe Abortions
- Live. From The Toilet: Here They Are: The Vincent Rue Emails the Texas Attorney General Didn’t Want You to See
- Legitimate Spew: GOP lawmaker: Women need man’s permission for abortion unless they can prove ‘legitimate rape’
- Aaaarrrghhh. Upchuck:Six States to Watch for Anti-Choice Laws in 2015
- Up Our Chucks: Let’s not kid ourselves: 2014 was a terrible year for reproductive rights
- Sue Spew: Creationists Gonna Sue For First Amendment Right To Tax Breaks To Build Noah’s Ark
- Hamchuck: Ham Argues that KY’s Retraction of Tax Breaks for the Noah’s Ark (Amusement Park) Is ‘Illegal’, Points To Laws That Let Atheists Discriminate in Hiring
- Cactal Crazies: Conservatives freak out after Arizona biology professor pokes fun at creationism
- It’s A Mad, Mad, Mad, Upchuckable World: Noah & His ArkBoys still coming to Northern Kentucky, so spew-eth the HamHead.
- A Stealth Upchuck: Across the river, KY denies tax aid to the Creation Museum’s Noah’s Ark Amusement Park while over in Ohio, the quietly born-again Governor Kasich stealthily religionizes school mentorship program.
- But . . . Chuck: ACLU of Ohio says state can’t “inject religious criteria” into Gov. Kasich’s student mentoring program
- So Don’t. Chuck: Ohio teen refuses to do homework until school brings back Ten Commandments plaque
- A Big Fat Batch Of Spew: Bibles are reportedly being distributed to elementary students in a Georgia public school district this week.
- He Who Writes The Upchuck . . . The Continuing Battle for Control Over What Students Read
- Upchucking Soon. In A State Near You:Texas Isn’t the Only State Where the Right Is Pushing Indoctrination Instead of Education in Public Schools
Fifty Shades Of Hate
- Nazi-istic Upchuck: Family Research Council’s Craig James Isn’t Sure If Gay People Should Be Executed
- It Ain’t No Use To Sit And Ponder Upchuck: CHRISTIANS MORE SUPPORTIVE OF TORTURE THAN NON-RELIGIOUS AMERICANS
- Billious Bile: The Election Thief In Chief Ken Blackwell attacks Kerry for foiling peace efforts because he wore a ‘shrimp-pink’ tie.
- ‘Wholesale Vomit: Rick Wiles: ‘Islam Must Be Eliminated From The Face Of The Earth, Stomped Out Like Cockroaches’
Fifty Shades Of Lies, Hypocrisies And Other such Untruths
- Pinocchio’s Pucey Puke: Climate Change, Evolution, and Now Abortion: Why Conservatives Mislead About Facts
- Frothy Spew Lies: Rick Santorum: Obama Is Faking War With ISIS, Allowing Persecution Of Christians
- Proselytizing UpChuck: Faith Fibs: Religious Right Falsely Claims Army Chaplain Was Punished Simply For Sharing His Beliefs
Fifty Shades Of Stark Raving Mad
- Alzheimers Eruption: Pat Robertson says you don’t need to visit a doctor when you’re sick since God should be your physician
- Alzheimers Redux Chux: Pat Robertson: Hillary Clinton Suffered Secret ‘Minor Strokes,’ Would Lose To Bush-Kasich ‘Dream Ticket’
- Alzy’s The III: Pat Robertson: Gays ‘Will Die Out Because They Don’t Reproduce’
If Media Is The Message
- Pants On Fire Chuck!!! Gay conversion group’s billboard star not a twin … and he is STILL gay
- While My Guitar Gently Hurls: FRC’s Craig James Doesn’t Repudiate Caller’s Demand That Gays Be Put To Death
- Pukey Puke Puke: Bryan Fischer: Jesus Would Support The Use Of Torture Because God Is A God Of War
- Ken’s Evil Ka-Ka: Election Thief In Chief Ken Blackwell Likens Obama To Convicted Killer
Israel, End Times And Hagees
- A Messianic Kind Of Upchuck: Netanyahu met with US Senator-elect and Crazy Christer, Joni Ernst (R-IA). His statement can be found here
- Loving The Jews To Death: Hagee Ministries Are Creating A ‘Sanctuary Of Hope’ TO Train Up God’s Army & Take Back America
- Every Day, More Spew: Messianic Rabbi’s Chanukah Message: Gay Rights & Harry Potter Lead To Fascism
- Adel-Hurl: The Uniquely Awful Role of Sheldon Adelson in the Israeli Election
- Atten Hut-Chut: The Religious Right is claiming a chaplain was punished for being a Christian. Truth is he was proselytizing
- Cruzin’ On Upchuck: Ted Cruz: Too Extreme For Even Pat Robertson
- The Bayou’s Alive, With The Sound Of Upchuck: Is Bobby Jindal’s American Family Association sponsored mass prayer rally at LSU a clue to his presidential plans?
- Regurgitating Truth: Reminding us how theocratic Jeb is, Terri Schiavo’s Husband Speaks Out On Jeb’s Presidential Bid
- Little Bobby Barf: Jindal Claims Obama Refuses To Stand ‘On The Side Of Those Fighting Against Terrorists’
- Son Of Demons Chuck: Bobby Jindal’s parents are Hindu, but he has no problem partnering with the AFA, which says Hinduism is demonic
- Upchuckable Nation: White evangelicals continue to punch well above their weight when it comes to voting.
Religion Gone Bad
- A Broken (Upchucked )Hallelujah: Did historical Jesus really exist? The evidence just doesn’t add up.
- Tried And True Spew: Liberals Ramp Up War On Christmas
- Leaking Vomit: Leaked Salvation Army Document Shows Pro-LGBT PR Campaign Is Just Spin
Same Sex Issues
- The Truth About Ka-Ka: The Truth About the “Gay Christian” Movement
- Perky Puke: Tony Perkins: Gay Rights Will Destroy Freedom, Devastate US Economy Sausage Makers
- Abundant Poop: Congressman Doug Lamborn and his big fat Christerly abundant life.
- Pootie Poop: Religious Right Cheers On Vladimir Putin As Anti-LGBT Violence In Russia Surges
- Duh-Chuck: It’s time we settled this once and for all: Jesus would bake the cake.
- Upxide Down And Backwards Chuck: RW’s hating on Walmart now. Proof of Walmart’s ‘pro-gay’ contributions, support for LGBT causes
- Miserable Marco Missed The Toilet Bowl: Marco Rubio to Pope Francis: I’ll stop you!
- Discriminatory Doo-Doo: Some conservative lawmakers urging right not to serve gays on religious grounds
- Bachmann Turner Overchuck: Michele Bachmann brags that she “defeated” liberals with logic, smarts and “evidence-based arguments”
- Bachmann Upchuck Overdrive: Michele Bachmann pushes Christian Nationalism in farewell interview with far-right WorldNetDaily
- Upchuck Upchuck Overdrive: Michelle Bachmann: ‘Any Normal Human Being’ Would Be A Tea Party Supporter
- Bachmann Upchuck Upchuck: Michele Bachmann pushes Christian Nationalism in farewell interview with far-right WorldNetDaily
- Upchuck Upchuck Upchuck: The Religious Right’s Moses fixation continues to grow. Think Michelle Bachmann
- Got Mintz? Michelle Bachmann: “An adherence to biblical principles is an essential component of American greatness, as well as personal redemption”
- Enough Of Bobby’s Bayou Barf! Drop Sponsorship Of Evangelical Christian Rally, AU Tells Louisiana Gov. Jindal
- Jesus Hurls: GOP lawmaker proposes Obamacare replacement: Rely on Jesus for health care
- Defending Doo-Doo: Lawmaker Defends ‘Legitimate Rape’/antiabortion bill
Scandal . . . Or Worse
- Upchuckable Morals A’Showin’: Texas GOP congressman & Tea Party favorite who owns ‘blow-me.org’ website accused of sexual harassment
- Upchucking The ‘Biblical Number’ Of 7: The godly dad in that oh-so-pure Christianity based show, ’7th Heaven, confesses: I Molested Girls
- Parsley, Sage, Rosemary And Upchuck: Strict Belief-Based Diet Contributes to Child’s Death
- Tragic. That’s All Chuck: Kansas mom stabs son to death while he sleeps: It’s ‘better for him to go to heaven tonight’
- Upchucking Down Under: Senior counsel calls for Hillsong founder to be referred to police for failing to report child sexual abuse carried out by his father
- Wretched Retch: Toddler dies from malnutrition caused by radical Christian parents’ faith-based vegan diet
- Gag Me: Anti-LGBT pastor arrested for grabbing man’s genitals at Indiana park
- The Holier Thou Art, The Harder Thou Upchuck: One of the largest Franciscan religious orders, founded on the humble teachings of St. Francis of Assisi more than 800 years ago, announced it is on the brink of bankruptcy after admitting some of its monks embezzled funds from its accounts.
- Witnessing Vomit: Mother reveals torment as Jehovah’s Witness is jailed for sexually abusing her daughter
Supremes And Lower Courts
- Anita Bryant Hurls Again? Florida asks Supreme Court to block gay marriage
- Buckeye Barf: Muslim woman sues Ohio’s Cuyahoga County, says she was forced to attend Christian prayer services while serving jail sentence
- Immaculate Upchuck: Americans who believe in Virgin birth 73%, Newborn Jesus in manger 81%, 3 wise men 75%
- Theocratic Upchuck: Dangerous Former US General Unabashedly Calls Himself God’s Warrior
- A Retch Like Him: Abbott backs Capitol nativity scene unveiled Monday
- Stuck Together Like A Hurler And His/Her Toilet: ‘Covenant’ Marriages — How Some Christian Couples Make It a Lot Harder to Divorce Each Other
- Up Your Chuck: FRC is apprehensive regarding David Saperstein’s appointment as Ambassador-at-Large for International Religious Freedom. Why? Because he’s Liberal.
- And Jesus Hurled: No Anti-Discrimination Ordinance For Gay, Lesbian Community in Pennsylvania town.
- Palmetto Puke: Although the South Carolina legislature doesn’t officially convene until January 13th, it has already pre-filed an onslaught of bills that could violate the separation of church and state.
- We’re Talkin’ Virgin Birth Chuck: 76% of Catholics believe in all 4 elements of the Christmas story, vs. 82% of Protestants
- Global group of Catholic bishops call for end to fossil fuels
- Supreme Court Lets Stand Decision Blocking Restrictions on Arizona Medication Abortions
- South Carolina Could Owe Gay Groups $150,000 — or Maybe Even More
- From Christianity Today: Torture Is a Complete Failure
- Report Debunks Right-Wing Claims of Military Persecution of Christians
- Another loss for the Alliance Defending Freedom: Biology textbooks won’t be censored in Arizona.
- Indiana church that fired gay choir director closing after attendance withers away
- Anti-Choice Judge Michael Boggs Not Among Dozens of Nominees Confirmed by Senate
- Justice Department Will Now Support Transgender Discrimination Claims In Litigation
- Jefferson historian condemns Nativity displays: ‘Religious freedom is not a matter of majority
- Michigan religious freedom bill stalls in lame-duck session
- Army pulls job posting that mandated ‘Christian faith’ after complaints
- Marquette suspends professor for slamming instructor on gay rights
- Supreme Court Allows Florida Same-Sex Marriages To Proceed In January
- Ugandans won’t be celebrating Christmas with new anti-gay law
- Jury rules in favor of teacher in discrimination lawsuit