Sometimes I get so frustrated and/or disheartened and/or annoyed by some of the news stories of the day that I can’t bring myself to write about them. Here are a few recent reports that made my blood pressure hit the roof. I am avoiding delving into them at length out of concern for my physical and mental health.
- Lawmakers Becoming Lobbyists at Increasing Rate– Because what we need more than anything is more sleazy corporate influence in DC.
There is no there there. This is nothing but a partisan politics, embarrassing conspiracy theories, and a witch hunt. Now stop wasting our time.
- Seven Times Senate Republicans Demanded The Budget Process They Are Now Obstructing– Blockitude R Us. Did I mention the Congressional Budget Office report? The federal budget deficit is declining; $231 billion less than 2012. Did I mention the GOP is bent on destroying Obama’s legacy?
- Fox News Invites Convicted Cover-Up Expert Oliver North To Comment On Alleged Benghazi Cover-Up– Well, come on, what did we expect? Fox has about as much credibility as Ollie does. Perfect match.
- Heritage Study Author: ‘Hispanic Immigrants Will Have Low-IQ Children’– … said Low IQ Heritage Study Author.
- North Carolina May Force Teens To Get Notarized Parental Consent Before Getting STD Tests– Same goes for birth control prescriptions, pregnancy care, mental health counseling, and substance abuse treatment. This should work out well for kids in abusive homes.
- Mark Sanford will not have to appear in court for trespassing charges alleged by his ex-wife– Of course not. Why would he chance being embarrassed again and/or removed from office? That’s what settlements are for!
- Former Aide Claims Romney Campaign Policy Director Couldn’t Find Finland On Map– And Romney couldn’t find competency and compassion in his campaign.
Need a palate cleanser? Me too! Majority In Virginia Supports Stricter Gun Laws. So there.
See what I mean? So who’s up for a couple of Margs or a trough of wine?