- Sudden surge of curious online customers: Check.
- Deadline precipitates abrupt consumer deluge: Check.
- Overwhelmed web page that offers a wide range of new products freezes: Check.
- Users frustrated by slow or frozen page while trying to take advantage of marketplace choices, purchase options: Check.
- Supply and demand issues create additional glitches: Check.
- Crashed website: Check.
Nope. Fry's Electronics.
Fry's Electronics, which rolled out online-only deals on Thanksgiving, saw its website crash in the morning under the weight of too many eager Internet shoppers. Product pages were slow to load or didn't load at all, and many customers found themselves unable to complete their purchases.
Come on, GOP, repeal the Fry's chain!
No, better yet: Repeal all online holiday sales! Get on it, Republicans, stat! Obsess on it! Make it your life's mission!