Sometimes I get so frustrated and/or disheartened and/or annoyed by some of the news stories of the day that I can’t bring myself to write about them. Here are a few recent reports that made my blood pressure hit the roof. I am avoiding delving into them at length out of concern for my physical and mental health.
- Reince Priebus bans RNC staff from appearing on, or associating with MSNBC, because his fee fees are hurt- To quote my pal @Anomaly100, "Who gives a fuck if they boycott?"
- Rep. Henry "Mustache of Justice" Waxman will retire at the end of the current congressional session- Eek! So who can Dems run to take his place? Paging Sandra Fluke!
- 40 Kids Watched Their Lunch Thrown Away After Utah School Found Out They Owed Money- When parents fall behind, who better to withhold food from than their young, hungry, innocent children? Uintah Elementary Lunch Nazis to kids, short version: "No soup for you!"
- Brain-Dead Texas Woman’s Family May Have To Pay For The Cost Of Keeping Her On Life Support- How does that saying go again? Oh yeah: "Hit 'em while they're down." It's the American way! Family values!
- Senator Rand Paul Wants Congress To Allow Guns In Post Offices- Don't blame Gun Coddler Rand. He's clearly listening to advice from that thing on his head.
- Another school shooting, this time at Eastern Florida State College- This would be the 39th school shooting since Newtown -- and the 10th in 2014. Paging Gun Coddler Rand Paul!
- Speaker Boehner will not be allowing a vote on LGBT employment protections anytime soon- How's that outreach thing workin' for ya, GOP?
- Republicans Admit Racism Is Big Obstacle To Passing Immigration Reform- How's that outreach thing workin' for ya, GOP?
- Anti-Choice Groups Launch National Boycott Of Girl Scout Cookies For ‘Endorsing’ Wendy Davis- How's that outreach thing workin' for ya, GOP?
See what I mean? So who’s up for a couple of Margs or a trough of wine?