Sometimes I get so frustrated and/or disheartened and/or annoyed by some of the news stories of the day that I can’t bring myself to write about them. Here are a few recent reports that made my blood pressure hit the roof. I am avoiding delving into them at length out of concern for my physical and mental health.
- Grassley Links Boston Terror Attack to Immigration Reform -- What a coincidence. I link Grassley to small-minded GOP idiocy. How’s that reachy-outy, makeovery, reinventiony thing workin’ for ya, GOP?
- Muslim Woman Attacked After Conservatives Repeat False Speculation About ‘Dark-Skinned Suspects’ -- Here's what happens when you're exposed to "fair and balanced" reporting: "A Palestinian woman said she was assaulted and aggressively harassed while walking with her infant daughter and friend near Malden Center late Wednesday morning, in an apparent hate crime motivated by Monday’s attack at the Boston Marathon."
- After Making $2 Billion In Profits, Insurer Complains It Doesn’t Get Enough Government Money -- Taker!
- Governor LePage: Maine Wind Turbine Runs On ‘A Little Electric Motor That Turns The Blades’ -- One word: Lulz.
- Family Research Council Co-Opts Tragedy To Oppose ‘Sexual Liberalism’-- Did you know Jesus "instructed His disciples to buy" weapons? And that "abortion, family breakdown, sexual liberalism, and religious hostility" are "only compounding" "these tragedies"? If I go on, this page will be unsuitable for some readers. Just follow the link.
See what I mean? So who’s up for a couple of Margs or a trough of wine?