Sometimes I get so frustrated and/or disheartened and/or annoyed by some of the news stories of the day that I can’t bring myself to write about them. Here are a few recent reports that made my blood pressure hit the roof. I am avoiding delving into them at length out of concern for my physical and mental health.
- Republican Claims People ‘Want To See More Sequestration, Not Less’-- Republican loves cuts. Republican hears what he wants to hear. Republican is delusional.
- Wisconsin Church Cancels Former NFL Player’s Speech For Supporting Jason Collins-- Ooo, gays are icky! Ooo, gayness is bad! Mustn't have their backs! Mustn't treat them equally! Methinks Wisconsin should cancel its support for "some parents."
- Ohio Republicans Want To Punish Colleges That Enable Students To Vote-- This makes me want to punish Ohio Republicans. Voter suppression much? What exactly do they have against voting? Oh yeah. Democratic victories. I nearly forgot.
- Budget Cuts Devastate Meals On Wheels: Enrollment Slashed, Services Cancelled-- Because bringing hot meals to homebound seniors and adults with disabilities is just too liberal and spendy.
- DIRTY TRICKS: Mysterious Conservative Group Sending Out Push Polls In South Carolina Special Election-- What, putting lies in the form of a question in order to sabotage Elizabeth Colbert Busch's chances against a lying, cheating coward like Mark Sanford isn't kosher?
- Tea Party Activists Urge Palin to Run for Senate-- Please proceed, Former Half Gov LameTweets McCan'tWin. (Our own lwdgrfx posted about that here)
See what I mean? So who’s up for a couple of Margs or a trough of wine?