Please welcome back regular guest contributor, author of Being Christian -- a racy novel that explores the dark underbelly of the right-wing Christian world -- and the go-to blogger on shocking religion news, hypocrisy, and all things church v. state (weekly upchucks), K.C. Boyd. You might remember her from her earlier posts.
You can link over to her site here for the rest of this post. It’s well worth a look, because I left out a ton of great upchuckable stuff, including antidotes! These are but a few of her weekly "where religion meets your rights" collection:
Your Weekly Upchucks: The place where religion meets your rights
– by K. C. Boyd
This was the week when the Supreme Court ruled that corporations are not only ‘people but that they’re people with a kind of ‘superior’ Christianity that all too closely represent the Taliban. Lady Liberty lost something dear this past week and our great American forefathers weep from their graves. More pointedly, We The People lost important liberties this week and we lost them because too many good people have stood out past elections – - elections that determined the make-up of this particular court.
My Upchucks are more abbreviated than usual – - not because there are fewer and certainly not because it was an insignificant week, but because I am away ‘celebrating’ the 4th. Watch for the next Upchuck on July 21st and in the meantime, train your eyes and ears on the theocrats that would have our souls and our country. If we let them.
It Can Happen Here
- Up In Your Face Chuck: With no buffer, patients pressed at Planned Parenthood ”It’s a massive step backward. You don’t need the Holy Spirit to tell you that”
- Don’t Let Creationism Hit You In The Arse, Ass: Ken Ham Says Secular Schools Are ‘Churches of Atheism’ After Homeschooled Grads Cant Get Jobs.
- Sixteenth Upchuck? God Help Us: Could he possibly represent America less?? Little Bobby Jindal Courts Religious Right with His Eye On ’16
Same Sex Issues
- Spew Fit For A Theoracy: Gay Couples May Soon Have to Choose Between Getting Married and Not Getting Fired
Sausage Makers And Their Sausage
- State Hate: Mike Lee (R-UT) Agrees With Scrotal Decision Because Women Use Birth Control ‘Largely For Recreational Behavior’
- That’s Just This Week Chuck: While You Were Paying Attention To Hobby Lobby, Five States Made It Harder To Get An Abortion
Supremes And Lower Courts
- Festering Ka-Ka: With Hobby Lobby behind us, here are four other festering church-state issues
- Narrow Decision My Bippy! SCOTUS has already expanded Hobby Lobby decision