According to Think Progress, George Zimmerman’s dad, Robert Zimmerman Sr., wrote an e-book, “Florida v. Zimmerman: Uncovering the Malicious Prosecution of my Son, George.” And in that e-book, Mr. Sr. wrote a chapter, “Who Are The True Racists.” And in that chapter he tries to convince his readers that Son George’s killing of Trayvon Martin wasn’t racially motivated.
[A]fter his son shot and killed Trayvon Martin, however, Zimmerman learned that racism is “flourishing at the insistence of some in the African American Community.” He then goes on to list various black leaders and organizations that he believes are racist.
Here is the list of “racists,” but please go to TP for elaboration and more insight into Zimmerman, Sr.’s thinking:
- Congressional Black Caucus
- The NAACP
- NAACP President Benjamin Jealous
- Trayvon Martin’s funeral director
- Benjamin Crump, Natialie Jackson and Darrly Parks, attorneys for Travyon Martin’s family
- The National Basketball Players Association
- Black Chamber of Commerce
- National Association of Black Law Enforcement Officers
- National Black United Fund
- United Negro College Fund