Sometimes I get so frustrated and/or disheartened and/or annoyed by some of the news stories of the day that I can’t bring myself to write about them. Here are a few recent reports that made my blood pressure hit the roof. I am avoiding delving into them at length out of concern for my physical and mental health.
- Fox News Commentator Says Women Should Stick To Raising Children-- Erick Erickson is right... for one reason: Who the hell would trust guys like him to raise kids?
- With Stand Your Ground Laws Still Standing, Two Alabama Shooters Escape Liability-- #responsible #youdontunderstand #AmericanTradition
- Salvadoran Woman Has Been Denied A Life-Saving Abortion Even Though Her Fetus Is Missing Its Brain-- "Without an abortion, the woman will likely die — along with her nonviable fetus, which is missing its brain." Can't get more pro-life than that. Right to life, my ass.
- Defense Attorney Calls Marine Accused Of Sexual Assault ‘The Victim’-- Clearly, the women were lying. They always do. And they wear provocative clothing, look attractive, and make themselves irresistible, and sometimes even drink (!) so they're obviously asking for it. Men simply can't control themselves when women do slutty stuff like that. It's clearly all the fault of those who are assaulted. All of it. Always.
- Exxon CEO: ‘What Good Is It To Save The Planet If Humanity Suffers?’-- Memo to Exxon: Humanity is already suffering from all your reckless pollution, right now, right this minute. But no worries. We won't suffer any more once we're all dead.
- Tea Party Conference Call Features Threat To Assassinate U.S. Senator Because She Supports Immigration Reform-- "Caller: What is the best way that we can get our senator to listen to us? Another caller: Shoot her. [laughter]" Oh those "pro-lifers" and their Second Amendment remedies. They're such funny little patriots. And by funny I mean hypocritical. And by patriots, I mean asshats.
See what I mean? So who’s up for a couple of Margs or a trough of wine?