Please welcome back regular guest contributor, author of Being Christian and the go-to blogger on religion, hypocrisy, and all things church v. state, K.C. Boyd. You might remember her from her earlier posts. You can link over to her site here for the rest of this post. It’s well worth a look, because I left out a ton of great upchuckable stuff, including antidotes! These are but a few of her weekly "where religion meets your rights" collection:
Your Weekly Upchucks: The place where religion meets your rights
The Weekly Upchuck October 13, 2014
Abortion And Women’s Issues
- 72 Hour Puke: No challenge expected on Missouri abortion law
- A Gal’s Body Is No Temple Chuck: “They told Rachel to give herself ‘to Jesus and let him take over’ instead of worrying about her pregnancy…”
- Wheaties Hurl: Wheaton’s contraception lawsuit proves divisive to college.
- Duh-Chuck: States With Most Abortion Restrictions Have Worst Health Outcomes
- Hand Me A Hanger Chuck: Is It the Return of Back Alley Abortions?
- No Koch, Pepsi: How the Koch Brothers Helped Bring About the Law That Shut Texas Abortion Clinics
- (WWRD) What Would Rob (Portman) Do? For Survivors of Abuse, Access to Abortion Can Be a Lifesaver
- It Can Happen Here Chuck: Texas’s sham abortion law offers a cautionary tale for other states
- Double Upchuckery: GOP over-the-counter birth control scheme could force women to pay twice for their birth control—once through insurance, and again at the pharmacy counter.
- Dignity Goes After Upchuck: Jimmy Carter warns the Bible is being used to promote the abuse of women and girls
- Double Jeopardy Chuck: Texas Women Seeking Abortions May Look to Their Doctors
- The Incidental Burden Chuck: Two little known statutes may make religious belief superior to the law of the land
- Culturally Billious: Christian-Themed Movies Are More Popular Than Ever. Will The Trend Last?
- Blasting Past The First Amendment Chuck: Politics, the Church, and a South Carolina Pastor who refuses to compromise
- Not The Onion Chuck: Indiana trooper pulled over woman to ask if she’d accepted Jesus Christ as her savior
- Upchuck on Viagra: Preaching Politics, Pastors Defy Ban
- Defiant Upchuck: 1,500 pastors preached politics Sun. So far, the IRS hasn’t revoked tax-exempt status 4 participating churches
- Huck Hawks: Huckabee Urges States To Ignore Rulings On Marriage Equality, Abortion Rights & Church-State Separation
- Yodeling Through Upchuck: Not our nation but still: Austrian school drops yoga on grounds that it goes against Christianity
- More Than Bush Leage-Chuck: TWO PRESIDENTS IN A ROW HAVE INCREASINGLY STEERED FEDERAL GRANTS AND CONTRACTS TO CONSERVATIVE CHRISTIAN GROUPS—INCLUDING HOUSES OF WORSHIP.
- Sign On The Dotted Upchuck If You Want A Job: Ark Park hiring issue jeopardizes tax incentives
- Say What Chuck?Ky. ‘Ark Park’ Claims First Amendment Right To Taxpayer Assistance
- What Creationist Friends Chuck? Next time your creationist friends reject evolution, show them this video
- Slinging Malarkey: Right-Wingers In NC Public Schools Indoctrinating Children With Bible Classes
- In God We Upchuck: New Texas Textbooks Suggest ‘Wrong-Headed Idea That the United States Was Founded on Biblical Law’
- Sexual Hurling: Why Schools In Clark County, Nevada Just Dropped Science-Based Sex Ed Materials
- Professor Revoltamous: Disturbing video shows Christian boarding school staff beating teen for ‘talking to a girl’
- Spew, The Series: Christian Right Voter Mobilization – A New Season
- Upchuck Derp-Burb: IUD birth control targeted by anti-abortion Republican, Bob Beauprez
- Upchux From The Pit Of Hell: RNC Chair Says The Texas Abortion Law Is About ‘Compassion’
- Klinky-Pants Hurls: Colorado state congressional candidate, Gordon Klingenschmitt: Supreme Court Letting Gays ‘Recruit Your Kids’
- Aikin’ For Upchuck: During Clay Aiken debate, GOP rep. claims US was ‘founded on’ man-woman marriage
- Let Us Vomit: Wordsmithing, Orwell-style: Cruz’s ‘tragic and indefensible’ reasoning
- Who’s Up For Upchuck? Bobby Jindal ‘thinking and praying’ on 2016
- The GOP On Upchuck: Reinc-y-Pants Thinks Marriage Equality Is A Threat To Our Economy And National Security
- De-whining Spit-Up: DeWine Vows To Stand Behind Ohio’s Gay Marriage Ban. May the ever-wonderful Connie Pillich trounce him.
- Owning The Spew: Distancing himself fm the pack-& history- Ted Cruz Is Making a Name for Himself on Gay Marriage
- Merry-land’s King Hurler: Michael Peroutka: Gay ‘Deathstyle’ Wants To ‘Recruit Your Children’
- Party Of Upchuck: Mike Huckabee threatened to leave the Republican Party if it did not act to stop the expansion of gay marriage.
- Upside The Upchuck: Mat Staver: Third Party Needed To Stop Gay Marriage, Just Like With Slavery
- Puch-ing Buch: The Once-Not-Future Presidential Candidate: Pat Buchanan: ‘Massive Civil Disobedience’ Needed To Fight ‘Anti-Christian Discrimination’
- Three For Spew: South Carolina Gubernatorial Race: Three Candidates, All Anti-Choice
End Times, Inerrancy And John Hagee
- Loony Pukers: Is Tomorrow’s Lunar Eclipse A Warning About The End Times? Probably.
- Er, Science-Chuck: Why the lunar eclipse at Sukkot is NOT an ominous sign
- Upchuck Blows: Hey biblical literalists, here are Forty Bible Verses That Destroy Fox News & Selfish RW Christians!
- Abbott Blows: Greg Abbott: Abortion Clinic Closures Are Manageable ‘Inconvenience’ For Women
- Defiant Upchuck: Ted Cruz rips Supreme Court, wants states to defy marriage equality rulings
Fifty Shades Of Hate
- Won’t Dignify This Upchuck With A Comment: NC pastors on Jimmy Carter’s 90th birthday: He could ‘go to hell’ for making Jesus a gay-loving ‘hippy’
- Don-A-Hurl: Catholic League chief Bill Donahue: Liberals defend Islam because they don’t like
- West-ern Spew: Allen West: Obama Waging Biological Warfare Against Americans
- Major Throw Up In My Mouth: NRA’s Ted Nugent: “We The People … Don’t Believe That Our President Is A Christian”
If Media’s The Message
- Don’t Come A’Knockin’ When This Bed’s A’Rockin’-Chuck: Where to send the bill? Duggar bride to other brides: Your wedding day belongs to God, not you
Lies, Propaganda And Other Sorts Of Hypocrisies
- Puce Green Bile And Then Some: Rick Perry’s Sister Set To Personally Profit From Extreme Texas Abortion Bill If It Passes
- Tangled Up In Upchuck: The Quran tells Muslims they’re restricted 2 defensive wars & how to behave during those times.
- Regurgitus: Um, what? US Air Force: God Has Already Decided Which DoD Contractors Will Get Contracts
Religion Gone Bad Gone Mad
- Headship Hurling Hate: Pastor Who Prayed For Obama’s Death Wants Women To Shut Up In Church
- Actionable upchuck: Some Right-Wing Christians Enthusiastically Promoting a Form of Genocide
- Hard Hurl: 3 ways Texas’ religion affects us all
- Duck Dynasty’s Phil Robertson: Biblically Correct Sex Keeps You Safe From STD’s
- Propaganda By Any Other Name Chuck: Why Right Wing Christians Think They are America’s Most Persecuted
- Inerrant Spew? Some Right-Wing Christians Enthusiastically Promoting a Form of Genocide(To be fair, it is rooted in the Bible)
- Land Of Upchuck: Richard Land Angry That Gays Will ‘Ram’ Nondiscrimination Laws ‘Down Your Throat’
- Fundies, Fundies Everwhere, Hurling From Their Underwear: ULTRA-ORTHODOX JEWISH MEN “STAND UP” FOR “RELIGIOUS FREEDOM”… ON A PLANE
- Pat The Upchuck (Def Not Pat The Bunny:) Pat Robertson: Halloween Is A ‘Festival For Demonic Spirits’ Meanwhile it’s the Christers who are the real monsters
- Proof-Texting Upchuck: 5 ways fundamentalists misinterpret the Bible
Same Sex Issues
- Aborti-Upchuck:Do As I Say, Not As I Upchuck: The Catholic Church’s moralizing is selective, bigoted and very sad.
- Their Turn To Upchuck: The Religious Right Reacts To SCOTUS Gay Marriage Decision: ‘Unconscionable, Unconstitutional, And Un-American’
- Hard(er) Right Turns Make Us Puke: Gay marriage opponents pick new battleground of religious freedom
- Grand Old Pukers: Rep. Rob DeSantis: GOP Will Never Ditch Anti-Gay Positions
- Did Juneau Sarah’s Still Hurlin’? In your face Sarah Palin
- Exported Upchuckery: “I wanted to use the stolen money to build my church” – Lagos Pastor arrested for robbery
- Ewwwww-Chuck: Dutch court to decide on fate of fugitive Orthodox rabbi wanted for sex crimes
- Prey-ing on Uphcuck: Houston megachurch slapped with sexual abuse lawsuit over youth pastor’s behavior asks for prayer
- Remarkable Repugnance: Stealth Evangelism 3.0: The Remarkable Resilience of the Religious Right
- Peyot Pukes: The Orthodox Sex Abuse Crackdown That Wasn’t
- Damn, There Goes Another Icon-Chuck: 7th Heaven’ Dad/poster-child for the Christian Right, Stephen Collins, confesses his wife during therapy his repeated sexual abuse of underage girls.
- Upchuck With A Deadly Weapon: Alabama pastor confesses: I’ve been having sex with church members — and I have AIDS
- Satan Made Him Upchuck: Television evangelist runs off with jazz singer as ‘devil targets God TV’, leaving the network in turmoil
- Psalm-ic Puke: 2 Michigan brothers, both priests, accused of parish thefts
- Hidden Hurls: Hillsong pastor Brian Houston: ‘There may be more abused’
- Will Ya Puke Willard: Tulsa Pastor Willard Jones Pleads Guilty To Fraud Charges
- Next Time They Come Upchuck At Your Door: Latest Sex Abuse Suits Target Jehovah’s Witnesses Attorneys say religious doctrine barred reports of abuse.
- Sadly, Clinically Psychotic. Otherwise, No Comment-Chuck: Mom told police she tried to kill daughters so they could ‘go home’ and be with Jesus Christ.
Supremes And Lower Courts
- Boom-Chuck: BREAKING: Supreme Court allows gay marriage to expand to 30 states
- Not So Fast-Chuck: If the Sixth Circuit upholds current bans on Same Sex Marriage, SCOTUS will have to review its decision not to hear the case.
- Change Partners And Upchuck: Under the guise of so-called ‘religious freedom,’ the firm Hobby Lobby used is now defending a Muslim prisoners right to grow a beard in prison.
- Spitting-Back-Up, Chuck: BREAKING: Justice Kennedy Halts Same-Sex Marriages In Idaho
- Judicial Hurl: This Is How Judges Humiliate Pregnant Teens Who Want Abortions
- Three Who Upchuck: Despite Supreme Court gay marriage decision, three states vow to keep ban
- There’s Upchuck On His Robe: Alabama Supreme Court Justice Has Figured Out How To Dismantle Roe v Wade
- SCROTAL Hope: Texas Abortion Providers Appeal to Supreme Court
- Gay Texas judge refuses to wed straight couples
- Supreme Court allows gay marriage to expand to 30 states
- Another SCOTUS Shocker: SCOTUS Rejects Appeal Of Fired Ohio Teacher Pushing Creationism
- After weeks of student protests, Colorado school board gives a little ground on ‘positive’ history curriculum
- Enjoying a schadenfreude cocktail: Bryan Fischer freaks out over Supreme Court inaction on ‘sodomy-based marriage’
- Brit Hume: Political Battle To Halt Gay Marriage Is Over: “I Think This Is It”
- Discriminatory Hiring Practices At Ky. ‘Ark Park’ Put Its Tax Incentives In Doubt
- West Virginia Won’t Fight Challenge To Gay Marriage Ban