A bonus guest post by the one, the only Will Durst who's having a little fun with tonight's State of the Union speech:
THE BARACK H. OBAMA 2014 STATE OF THE UNION DRINKING GAME
WHAT YOU NEED TO PLAY:
- 4 taxpayers: 1 old rich white guy investment banker type wearing a Brioni suit. (Bank Boy) 2 ordinary folks wearing jeans, 1 in a blue work shirt, the other in a white shirt, no tie, sleeves rolled up. (the Jeans) And 1 person wearing clothes that look like their former life involved toxic dump storage cleanup. (Rags)
- 1 living room with flat screen TV tuned to C-SPAN.
- 1 shot glass per person. Everybody brings own, placing all on a coffee table in front of TV. Bank Boy gets to choose first which to use during game. White shirt picks next, then blue shirt. Bank Boy takes last shot glass as well, and Rags needs to make a deal to rent it from him, find a replacement or drink out of own cupped hands.
- 2 packages of Vienna All Beef Chicago Style Hot Dogs in middle of table with butter grilled buns and pickles and tomatoes and onions and condiments including that weird neon green relish in little ramekins on the side.
- 1 bottle of Jack Daniels.
- A large stash of beer on ice. Rags gets whatever is on sale, such as some generic Lite Beer from Trader Joe’s. Bank Boy gets whatever microbrew he wants. The Jeans get domestic, but are responsible for paying for all the beer, Jack and hot dogs.
- The Jeans each ante up 20 bucks cash. Rags and Bank Boy are allowed to use I.O.U.s. Which do not need to be redeemed.
RULES OF THE GAME:
- Every time Barack H. Obama says “Bipartisanship,” the first person to stop laughing is exempt from drinking 3 shot glasses of beer.
- When the President mentions unemployment the last person to eat a fully accoutered hot dog has to drink a shot of Jack.
- If the President says, “If Al Qaeda is calling you, we want to know why,” first person to finish a whole beer gets to spit pieces of hot dog at the others until they finish their beers.
- When Barack circuitously intimates something that might concern the NSA, the last person to stand and salute has to drink 2 shot glasses of beer.
- If and when Obama defends Obamacare, everybody must drink a shot of Jack, a whole beer and throw pieces of broken hot dog at the television. If anybody hits POTUS in the head, the other three have to drink another shot of Jack.
- If Obama speaks of the integrity of the political process, the last person to cough “Hack!” must drink 3 shots of beer.
- If the President relates a touching heartfelt story of some poor unfortunate denied health care, Rags gets to kick everybody else once. Twice, if the subject of the anecdote is in the audience. Three times, if he/ she is sitting next to an astronaut.
- The first time Barack H Obama mentions immigration, the last person to pretend to faint has to drink 3 shots of beer.
- Whenever Obama makes a reference to his faith getting him through tough times, last person to fall to their knees and shout “Hallelujah!” has to drink 1 shot of Jack.
- Every time the Chief Executive winks at or points to Michelle, players sword fight with hot dogs. The last person with an intact weenie does not have to eat an entire shot glass full of that weird neon green relish.
- Before the speech, everyone writes down who they think will give the Republican Response. Anybody who correctly identifies the person doesn’t have to watch it. Players may sell each other hints.
- Bank Boy takes home the $40 and the Jack.
- Leftover beer and hot dogs go home with Rags after he/she finishes washing the dishes.
Will Durst is a nationally acclaimed, award- winning political comic. Go to willdurst.com to find about more about his new CD, “Elect to Laugh” and calendar of personal appearances including "BoomeRaging: From LSD to OMG."