Oh, c’mon. Done nothing? How can anyone in their right mind say that? They’ve done everything in their legislative powers to protect us. Just take a partial look at what they’ve accomplished:
This list could go on for days, but that would be wasteful and the 112th “do nothing” Congress should never be accused of that.
Feel free to add to this list, as I’m sure I must have missed something in the bevy of activity these paid, elected officials have been doing.
Let’s be grateful for their (lack of) meaningful efforts. Without them, who knows how good we’d have it.
For the past 25 years, David Garber has been serving as the show runner and or writer on some of television’s biggest hits… Saved By The Bell, Power Rangers, 227, Bill Cosby Show and many other network series. His writing and producing have also netted David two very prestigious awards:the PRISM AWARD and the TV CRITICS AWARD – TV SPECIAL OF THE YEAR. Currently he’s authoring a short story series called “A Few Minutes With…”
Pleaseohplease link over to Think Progress for details. The gist of their report is this:
In a stunning interview with Breitbart.com, two top advisers to Mitt Romney revealed the campaign’s plan to largely ignore journalists in favor of right-wing conspiracy websites.
Yes, we pretty much knew this was their Big Plan, but now Team Romney is admitting it publicly.
Remember when Former Half Gov Illiterata McInWhatRespectCharlie refused to answer questions from the “lamestream media”? Remember when Sharron Angle literally ran away from the press? Looks like Team Willard is following in their avoidy little footsteps.
Gosh, now why would that be? The answer is obvious. They are more than aware that they have no substantive answers to any reporter’s questions, they know any answers that they would give would be rejected by voters, and they know that distracting America with emotional responses rather than direct, informative ones can get the desired result, at least in the short run.
The choice this November gets clearer by the hour: President Obama is rational, responsive, and accomplished. The other side is irrational, evasive, and vacuous.
When you’ve got nothing, that’s what you give back, which means the GOP can be easily compared to this Moment of Levity:
Can’t quite figure out what is wrong with this list…
• Abortion: A House panel is scheduled to take up bills restricting abortions in the third trimester, always a hot ideological topic.
– The Parent Empowerment Act, a.k.a. Florida’s parent trigger law, has its first two hearings by senators and House members. The bill would allow parents at low-performing public schools to petition the school district for sweeping reforms — or even have the school converted into a charter.
• Prison Privatization: House justice appropriations committee members take on their version of bills calling for prisons to be run by for-profit companies.
• School sports head injuries: Senators consider a bill requiring more information be given to parents about risks of head injuries, and mandating athletes be removed from play until they can be examined.
• Press Skits: Here’s a shameless plug for the annual show by the press corp skewering the people we cover — and vice versa (www.capitolskits.com). It’s 7:30 p.m. Tuesday at The Moon in Tallahassee, and
The Political Carnival T-Shirt
Modeled by @suzannegypsy
Lt. Col Barry Wingard is the lawyer for Gitmo detainee Fayiz Al-Kandari. For their ongoing story + related topics, please click on the link below:
Kuwaiti Citizen Detained at Guantanamo since 2002
The Political Carnival is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
Photographs on The Political Carnival site (please read):
Photographs from other sources sometimes appear on TPC for humorous or illustrative purposes. As it is not our intention to use these images in any inappropriate manner or to infringe upon any rights held by others, anyone holding legal rights in the use of these images who wishes to have them taken down please contact us immediately requesting such removal, with which we will comply promptly.