Sometimes I get so frustrated and/or disheartened and/or annoyed by some of the news stories of the day that I can’t bring myself to write about them. Here are a few recent reports that made my blood pressure hit the roof. I am avoiding delving into them at length out of concern for my physical and mental health:
- North Dakota governor signs nation’s most restrictive abortion bill: Just stop it. (And actually, I did write about that here: North Dakota bans all abortions by defining life at conception. So much for GOP reinventing itself. I just can’t get it up to do it again.)
- White House warns GOP against filibuster on gun control bill: Again with the filibusters. How’s that gentleman’s agreement with Mitch McConnell workin’ for ya, Harry?
- On Fox News, Amanda Knox Gets Twice As Much Coverage As Marriage Equality: Civil rights? Equality? Supreme Court arguments? Breaking news? Meh.
- Why Are These Six Democratic Senators On The Fence About Universal Background Checks? Donations from the gun industry are more important than lives. Duh.
- Baucus Budget Vote Casts Doubt on Democratic Plan: Time to replace ConservaDems with Progressives, starting with local officials, then continuing all the way up to the top.
See what I mean? So who’s up for a couple of Margs or a trough of wine?