The absurdity of King’s position — revenue increases are so heretical that he cannot accept a deal that would include a 375,000,000,000:1 ratio of spending cuts to tax increases — is topped only by the fact that many House Republicans likely share his belief in refusing to raise any additional revenue. Indeed, nearly every single Republican in Congress has signed Grover Norquist’s anti-tax pledge.
Think Progress brings us this video that proves once and for all that:
- Rep. Steve King (R-IA) is arguably certifiable, yet all too typical of the irresponsible conservative mind set.
- Based on what we hear from King and other conservatives, this country is in big trouble, even if the debt ceiling is raised on time, as it is expected to be… because of them.
- The GOP cares nothing about America, only about themselves and their corporate cronies.
- Democrats better get off their asses and vote in 2012, including for down ticket candidates, especially Progressives.
- Democrats better make sure a Republican does not end up in the White House in 2012.
- Democrats better make sure that the GOP doesn’t gain control of both houses in 2012.
- Progressives need to organize, recruit, and support capable candidates, starting locally. An effective movement begins from the bottom up.
- Progressives need to message well and make their voices heard, the way Wisconsinites did here: