Sometimes I get so frustrated and/or disheartened and/or annoyed by some of the news stories of the day that I can’t bring myself to write about them. Here are a few recent reports that made my blood pressure hit the roof. I am avoiding delving into them at length out of concern for my physical and mental health.
- Prison guards at Guantanamo Bay clashed with detainees, U.S. military officials said, culminating in shots being fired| I will not write about this today, because I have written and written and written about Gitmo. This has me in knots because of my commitment to justice for Fayiz Al-Kandari.
- Investigation Reveals Rust And Mold In Facilities That Prepare Pharmaceuticals| They’re just trying to compete with the high quality of all those street drugs. Next.
- The GOP Amendment That Could Kill Gun Reform| Oh those wacky zany “pro-life” Republicans! They’re up for killing anything, whether it’s with guns or legislative maneuvers. Isn’t that just like them?
- Wisconsin GOP senators offer bills to tighten election rules|GOP Rule One: Make it tougher to vote, not easier. Democracy schmemocracy.
- Harvard study: “Racial animus in the United States appears to have cost Obama roughly four percentage points of the national popular vote in both 2008 and 2012.”| Must have been all that GOP outreach.
- Man whose handgun carry permit was suspended after he threatened to “start killing people” if President Obama took executive action on guns — has his gun license back, WBBJ-TV reported| #ProtectingTheFamily #Responsible #YouDontUnderstand #AmericanTradition #SelfProtection
See what I mean? So who’s up for a couple of Margs or a trough of wine?