K. C. Boyd, is the author of Being Christian - A Novel,: A black comedy guaranteed to take you on a wild and frightening ride deep into the dark side of the religious right. It is available on Amazon in multiple formats.
She is the go-to blogger for religion, hypocrisy, and all things church v. state.
The Weekly Upchuck January 31, 2016
Abortion, Contraception And Other Women’s Issues
- Marco Rubio Creates Anti-Choice Advisory Board
- South Dakota GOP Proposes Unconstitutional 20-Week Abortion Ban
- Florida lawmakers are moving forward with a near-total ban on abortions in the state plus a second bill placing new requirements on doctors who perform abortions.
- GOP Candidates Freaking Out About Grand Jury That Indicted Anti-Abortion Activists
- Indictments of Anti-Abortion Activists Send Cynical Texas Politicians into a Facts-Free Frenzy
- When Will Carly Fiorina Apologize To Planned Parenthood? Maybe on the 10th of Never?
- Florida anti-abortion hearing turns racist: ‘White culture’ dies if women are ‘outside the home not having babies’
- Kasich has done more to wall off abortion access than any other GOP Presidential candidate
- Daleiden pens vicious op-ed in USAToday
- Cincinnati women seeking abortions for anomalies lose hospital option
- Lawsuit Seeks to Keep Open Abortion Clinics in Ohio
- Bill to defund Planned Parenthood likely to reach Kasich this week
- What’s up with court challenges to birth control coverage?
- GOP Lawmakers Ignore Evidence, Keep Using Discredited Videos Against Planned Parenthood
- What Happens When a Woman Is Refused Abortion
- Ohio Sen. Tom Patton suggests opponent shouldn’t run because she’s a young mother
- The Ohio Senate Just Passed an Extreme Antiabortion Bill
- Lawmaker Who Blamed Planned Parenthood for Colorado Springs Clinic Killings Asked to Resign
- Zika Virus May Push South America to Loosen Abortion Bans
- Ted Cruz Promotes Anti-Choice Activist Who Wants Abortion Doctors Executed
- Ohio’s ‘Pro-Life’ GOP Attacks Planned Parenthood Infant Mortality Program—Again
- A Missouri state senator proposes to ban abortion based on prenatal screenings for Down syndrome.
- Anti-Choice Banners on New Orleans Public Property Raise Questions About What Taxpayers Must Subsidize
- Texas’ Devious Plan To Silently Kill Roe v. Wade
- Rand Paul Reintroduces Radical ‘Personhood’ Bill, Attempts To Sidestep Birth Control Controversy
- Fiorina Still Insane On Planned Parenthood, Hopes to Keep Pregnant 13-Year-Olds From Aborting
- Ohio GOP head: ‘Not sexist’ to call opponent ‘sweetie’ and tell her she belongs at home with kids
- Ohio Health Officials Worried About Possible Planned Parenthood Defunding
- Koch High: How The Koch Brothers Are Buying Their Way Into The Minds Of Public School Students
- ‘School Choice Week’ is about promoting vouchers that take $ from public schools
- Vouchers don’t help neediest students. In Nevada, majority of voucher students came from wealthier zip codes
- The Schools Where Free Speech Goes to Die
- Some of the worst offenders against the First Amendment are religious colleges.
- Vouchers cost taxpayers more money. Wisconsin’s voucher program will cost taxpayers $2.2 mil.
- Oklahoma Lawmakers Vote Overwhelmingly To Ban Advanced Placement U.S. History
- The ABA is investigating a complaint at Brigham And Young that the law school expels students who are living in same-sex relationships.
- Creationism spreading in schools, thanks to vouchers
- Vouchers’ secret bigotry: How your tax dollars fund anti-LGBT hate
- 2014 Dept of Ed report: 62% of DC voucher schools are religious. That’s a lot of public $ for religious schools
- 67% of Louisiana public school students pass their LEAP and iLEAP tests; only 44% of voucher students do.
Fifty Shades Of Hate
- David Barton Gives Platform to Notorious Anti-Muslim Hysteric Who Hosted White Nationalist
- ‘Bloodshed’ Predicted by Member of ‘Christian Civil Liberties Union’ Over New Mosque in Milwaukee
- Donald Trump To Receive Endorsement Of Anti-Immigrant, Birther Extremist Joe Arpaio
- Rubio Trumps Trump: Shut Down Any Place Muslims Gather To Be ‘Inspired’ — Not Just Mosques
- American Pastor Who Helped Uganda Create ‘Kill The Gays’ Law Will Be Tried For Crimes Against Humanity
- Oklahoma Republican wants to forbid suicidal LGBT kids from meeting gay-friendly therapists
Fifty Shades Of Lies, Hypocrisy And Propaganda
- Unsurprisingly, quack Jefferson historian and Ted Cruz PAC leader David Barton says Jefferson would endorse Cruz
- Carly Fiorina benefited from company using aborted fetal stem cells
- More than 50% of pastors have wrestled with porn.
- Trump Claims Iowa Evangelical Leader Is ‘Phony,’ ‘Bad Guy’ for Endorsing Cruz
- Gohmert’s Pile insists that he’s “being persecuted now” just for being a Christian
Fifty Shades Of Stark Raving Mad
- Tennessee Lawmakers Endorse Bid To Declare All Marriage Illegal In Order To Spite Equality
If Media’s The Message
- Mat Staver: Gays Are Imposing A ‘Jizya’ Tax On Christians In America
- Huckabee Backers Slams Ted Cruz As A “Phony” Christian In New Iowa TV Ad
- Holy Hell: chilling Sundance doc reveals the truth about life in a cult
- Whoopie calls it: Jeb! Bush Weighs in on Donald Trump’s Christianity
- Netflix introduces televangelist shows
Israel, End Times And John Hagee
- Ted Cruz endorser Mike Bickle says that the SCOTUS gay marriage ruling “is a unique sign of the End Times”
- Settlement planning ‘contradicts any possible commitment to a two-state solution,’
- (Messianic) Rabbi who nurtured evangelical love for Israel courts black churches
- Rafael Cruz: Obama Ushering In ‘The Destruction Of America’ In reality, the end of the world is what Cruz Pere et Fils want.
- Israeli right goes after NGO’s and the left w/ scorching ad campaigns & legislation
- Glenn Beck will soon start reading the “Left Behind” series to his children in preparation for the End Times. He’s also ordered his staff to step-up efforts to move operations to Israel once America collapses.
- Get Him to the Church on Time: Trump and Evangelical Christians
- Oops. Donald Trump Accidentally Sat Through A Sermon About Welcoming Immigrants
- Gay Discrimination Bill Hampers Governor Pence’s Reelection Bid
- Trump Touts Endorsement From ‘Reverend Jerry Fallwell Jr.,’ Who Is Not A Reverend
- Trump Embraces Radical Anti-Catholic, Anti-Gay Pastor
- Ted Cruz: God Is Helping Me ‘Bring America Back From The Abyss’
- Days before Iowa Caucus, Jerry Falwell Jr. endorses Trump
- Once Upon A Time, Candidates Didn’t Have To Do This: Hillary Clinton Gets Personal on Christ and Her Faith
- Having failed to make America Christian, evangelical Trump supporters will settle for making it “great”
- Ted Cruz on Biblical Tithing: “I have not been as faithful in this aspect of my walk as I should have been”
- Ted Cruz’s Islamophobic, messianic, homophobic father gives him edge among conservative Christians.
- Ted Cruz gives his testimony often. But the conversion he’s talking about is his father’s, not his own.
- The Real Reason Trump Is Winning Evangelical Support: They’re Just Not That ‘Religious’
- Sanders, a strong supporter of the separation of church and state, told the paper, “I think it is important that a sense of morality be part of our politics.”
- Donald Trump Divides God’s Voters
- Mike Huckabee Touts Support From Another Extremist Pastor
- Ted Cruz Out To Reflect God’s Love, Punish Supreme Court for Marriage Equality Ruling
Religion Gone Mad Gone Bad
- Dave Daubenmire and Peter LaBarbera say parents would rather have their kids be drug-addicted alcoholics than gay
- Did Ted Cruz Steal From God And If So, Why Is He Blessed? Rafael Cruz Teaches on Tithing
- Tennessee GOP lawmaker resigns leadership post after he’s outed as a serial sexual harasser
- Leading Scientologist sent naked picture of former church member to school principal
- Kentucky Woman beats disabled man with his own cane for saying he doesn’t believe in God
Science Or Not
- Opposition Builds Against San Diego Televangelist Project
- A federal court issued a preliminary injunction against the state of Kentucky for unlawfully blocking efforts by the Ark Encounter theme park developer, Answers in Genesis (“AiG”), to participate in the Kentucky Tourism Development Program
Supremes And Lower Courts
- The Texas Abortion Case, Explained “It has to be real,” Greenhouse said. “If the so-called health regulations have only a minimal relationship to health but impose a great burden, the court has to strike them down.”
- Outrage. Judge Orders State To Give Millions In Subsidies To Creationist Amusement Park
- Based on Gosnell, Texas urges U.S. Supreme Court to uphold abortion law
- Kentucky will not submit an appeal against Noah’s Ark project over tax incentive
- Religious Right Leader: Only Christian Men Are Qualified For Office
- Michele Bachmann Says Congress Cannot Pass Laws That Contradict The Laws Of God
- Louie Gohmert: ‘It’s Time To Start Impeaching Judges’ For Marriage Equality Ruling
- Televangelist Morris Cerullo plans Christian theme resort for San Diego
- American Religiosity. Half of all Americans (51%) and two-thirds of Republicans (64%) do want a Sunday school teacher—or at least someone who shares their religious beliefs, according to a study released today by the Pew Research Center. (Only 41 percent of Democrats say the same.)
- Ted Cruz Claims He Was Sent By God To Save America From President Obama
- Ted Cruz Assures Voters He Will Address ‘Crisis’ Of Gay Marriage
- Ted Cruz’s Father Calls Americans to Vote for Judeo-Christian Principles
- Marco Rubio Answers 12 Christian Post Questions for Every Presidential Candidate
- For the first time, a court ruled that the Kansas Constitution protects the right to an abortion
- The Guardian exposes ex Australian PM’s secret meeting with Christian Right group, Alliance Defending Freedom
- Tennessee Bill gives counselors, therapists religious protection
- NFL violence and high school Christian prayers OK with fans
- Ted Cruz Is the Humble Apocalyptic Martyr We Deserve
- New Air Force Commander Quickly Reprimanded for Explicitly Sectarian Religious Speech at First Official Staff Meeting
- Ted Cruz’ dream team includes both Tony Perkins and Troy Newman
- Jehovah’s Witnesses Cult of Christianity’s HQ sale to bring in $1 billion?
- Cruz touts endorsement of Benham brothers, who love freedom so much they tried to shut down a gay pride event
- The Supreme Court Just Blocked The Harshest Abortion Ban In The Country
- Texas Grand Jury Indicts David Daleiden, Clears Planned Parenthood
- Mitch Holmes, Kansas senator, apologizes, retracts female-only dress code
- Pope Francis meets Iran’s president to boost nuke deal, Mideast peace
- Louisiana Can’t Enforce GOP’s Clinic Closure Law, Court Rules
- Air Force Recruiting Service Video Touting Religious Conversion Removed