Please welcome back regular guest contributor, author of Being Christian -- a racy novel that explores the dark underbelly of the right-wing Christian world -- and the go-to blogger on shocking religion news, hypocrisy, and all things church v. state (weekly upchucks), KC Boyd. You might remember her from her earlier posts.
You can link over to the official KC Boyd site here for the rest of this post. It’s well worth a look, because I left out a ton of great upchuckable stuff, including antidotes! These are but a few of her weekly "where religion meets your rights" collection:
Your Weekly Upchucks: The place where religion meets your rights
– by KC Boyd
Abortion And Contraception
- Upchuckably Repugnant: New data: How the attack on contraceptive services targets the poor
- A Small Minority Upchuck: 70 percent of Americans want the government to quit trying to restrict abortion
- Race To The Bottom-Chuck: Louisiana Tea Party opposes common core math standards because they will turn students gay. And they’re serious.
Fifty Shades Of Hate
- Equating Puke: Bryan Fischer declares that gays should be disqualified from serving in public office, just like rapists & pedophiles
- Wiley Ricky-Dick Upchuck: Rick Wiles claims gay rights supporters, ISIS and Obama are working together to destroy America
- Bry-The-Puke Pukes: Fischer: End Muslim Immigration Because ‘Islam Is Like The Ebola Virus’ Nice man. Intent on peace.
Fifty Shades Of Lies, Hypocrisy And Propaganda
- Hooked On Heaving: Planned Parenthood Using Sex-Ed To Hook Kids On Abortion, ‘Akin To Tobacco Companies Providing Cigarettes To Kids’
Fifty Shades Of Loony
- Brain Burps Upchuck: Ohio anti-abortion leader: Ban public nudity, breastfeeding because boobs promote Gay Pride
Fifty Shades Of Scammery
- Lower Than Upchuck, Chuck: False prophet buys 4,000 bottles of ‘Holy Water’ to fight ebola
Israel, End Times And JohnHagee
- End Times Lobby-Chuck: John Hagee hopes to one day “open a Washington office that has the ability on a daily basis to communicate with Congress members and Senators concerning the needs of Israel as we see it, and to become a daily influence on the policies of government as it relates to the State of” Israel.
- Raised In Upchuck: Sen. Ted Cruz will be joining vehemently anti-gay activists at a gala honoring his father Rafael next month in Texas
Religion Gone Bad
- Just Sign No, Chuck: How Virginity Pledges Can End Up Hurting Kids
- More Immoral Than Poop: Cincinnati’s Archdiocese disapproves of ALS Ice Bucket Challenge as it doesn’t want fundraising to be sent to the association, which funds at least one study using embryonic stem cells
- Um, Who’s Pro-Life Chuck? ‘Pro-Life’ Religious conservatives urge people to stop taking ‘ALS Challenge’ because it kills babies
- Upchucked To Jail: Former Church Youth Leader Sentenced to 40 Years for Child Sex Abuse
Supremes And Lower Courts