Sometimes I get so frustrated and/or disheartened and/or annoyed by some of the news stories of the day that I can’t bring myself to write about them. Here are a few recent reports that made my blood pressure hit the roof. I am avoiding delving into them at length out of concern for my physical and mental health.
- Ecuador Ditches Plan To Protect Amazon From Oil Drilling-- . “Oil companies have been quietly preparing for the abandonment of the initiative." Climate change, schlimate schmange. 'Nuff said.
- Heritage Foundation’s Campaign To ‘Stop Obamacare’ Resorts To Violent Gun Imagery-- Gee, and they like to boast about how they're so "pro-life." Not to mention, one can't help but wonder how Jeff Bridges feels about this.
- Sequestration Kicks More Than 57,000 Children Out Of Head Start-- To quote Randi Rhodes, "Love the fetus, hate the child." Or as the GOP would say, "Love the cuts, hate helping not-rich-old-white-GOP males."
- Nine Term North Carolina Senator Resigns To Fight New Voter Suppression Law-- Or as the GOP would say, "Love the disenfranchisement, hate helping not-rich-old-white-GOP males."
- Women Are Increasingly Being Forced To Cross State Lines To Get An Abortion-- Or as the GOP would say, "Love the rich-old-white-GOP males, hate everyone else."
See what I mean? So who’s up for a couple of Margs or a trough of wine?