Sometimes I get so frustrated and/or disheartened and/or annoyed by some of the news stories of the day that I can’t bring myself to write about them. Here are a few recent reports that made my blood pressure hit the roof. I am avoiding delving into them at length out of concern for my physical and mental health.
Today's first link (from my pal Mark Karlin at BuzzFlash) comes with a bonus video!
- California City Sues Chevron Alleging Willful Negligence and Public Harm in Toxic Refinery Fire-- That's oil, folks!
- These Six States Want To Allow Health Insurers To Deny Coverage To Sick People-- Because undermining "Obamacare" is more important than healing and protecting lives. Welcome to the real "death panels." #ProLifeMyAss
- Steve King: Belief In Climate Change Is A ‘Religion,’ ‘Not Science’-- Did I mention that the Government Acknowledges 2012 Climate Milestones Show We’ve Reached ‘A New Normal’?
- No Homicide Charges For Teen Who Shot And Killed A Man With An Illegal Gun, Thanks To Stand Your Ground-- Retreat, reschmeat. Better to take a life than save one, especially when you are assured of legal immunization by Florida’s Stand Your Ground law.
- After Airing Pro-Keystone XL Ads, NBC Station Rejects Ad Opposing The Pipeline-- It's more important to convince America that tar sands oil is “cleaner” and would have “little impact” on climate change, right Big Oil? Right NBC?
- Prison Attorneys Claim 14-Year-Old Inmate Wanted To Get Raped By Her 40-Year-Old Prison Guard-- What juvenile wouldn't want to be traumatized by unwanted sex forced on them by a 40-year-old sweatrag? She was clearly asking for it, flaunting herself in that enticing prison garb and being all underage and stuff.
See what I mean? So who’s up for a couple of Margs or a trough of wine?