Sometimes I get so frustrated and/or disheartened and/or annoyed by some of the news stories of the day that I can’t bring myself to write about them. Here are a few recent reports that made my blood pressure hit the roof. I am avoiding delving into them at length out of concern for my physical and mental health.
- Killing Obamacare by Making it Fail-- When failed attempts at repeal just won't cut it: Now the GOP is trying to prevent the insurance exchanges from working. USA! USA! See how they care about the health and welfare of all Americans?
- World Health Organization Calls New SARS-Like Virus A ‘Threat To The Entire World’-- Because climate change just isn't worrisome enough.
- Leader of Armed March On Washington Calls For ‘Revolutionary Army’ To Topple Government-- What could possibly go wrong if "a few dozen armed and angry secessionists show up at state capitols throughout the country"?
- 50 Million Americans Are Going Hungry As Congress Considers Gutting Food Stamps-- How dare all those "takers" insist on eating?! Children should be seen and not heard munching wholesome food that will aid in their development so that they can become productive members of society.
- GOP Congressman Downplays Gitmo Hunger Strike Crisis: Detainees Have Actually ‘Put On Weight’-- Everyone knows how force-feeding tubes add unsightly pounds. That's why we never see them advertised as trendy accessories in fashion magazines.
See what I mean? So who’s up for a couple of Margs or a trough of wine?