Here is a headline I just ran across at The Hill: Senate GOP feels jilted after being wined and dined by Obama on deficit talks:
"We've made no progress. None," said a GOP senator who had dinner with Obama earlier this year.
sick hypocritical funny, in a frustrating, hair-pulling, head-exploding, teeth-gritting, jaw-clenching kind of way.*
Memo to Republicans: Before you start whining about how you feel "jilted" by President Obama, take a gander at today's Doonesbury- “Boehner”: We’ll be investigating and obstructing Obama, blocking his appointees.
Then take a walk down Memory Lane, starting with the GOP Inauguration night plot to obstruct. Plus the following:
- Video- Bill Maher And Michael Moore Tear Apart GOP Obstruction: This Is ‘Treason,’ ‘They Hate America’
- Seven Times Senate Republicans Demanded The Budget Process They Are Now Obstructing– Blockitude R Us. Did I mention the Congressional Budget Office report? The federal budget deficit is declining; $231 billion less than 2012. Did I mention the GOP is bent on destroying Obama’s legacy?
- How’s that “gentleman’s agreement” workin’ for ya, Harry? This could be why Durbin said, “We need to revisit” the filibuster rules.
- Bikini Graph time! Unemployment rate falls, jobs added. “All Congress has to do is stop punishing the country on purpose.”
- VIDEO: “We have never cut government jobs when we were trying to save the economy. Until this time.”
- VIDEO: Republicans are “using in this country the same old cold war CIA tactics to destabilize our own country.”
Need more? Just keep scrolling through these posts.
So, GOP, who exactly has jilted whom?
*Especially in light of all the hooplah over President Obama and Chris Christie cooperating so nicely with each other. Psst! That benefits both of them politically, and it would behoove Republican Congress members to take a few notes. Please note: This in no way whatsoever means I'm a Chris Christie fan, nor should any Democrat be, as you can plainly see here.