Sometimes I get so frustrated and/or disheartened and/or annoyed by some of the news stories of the day that I can’t bring myself to write about them. Here are a few recent reports that made my blood pressure hit the roof. I am avoiding delving into them at length out of concern for my physical and mental health.
- Offshore Drilling In Virginia Would Threaten Coastal Economy, Environment, And Naval Operations-- Because the Keystone XL tar sands pipeline just isn't idiotic and potentially disastrous enough.
- Washington Bridge Collapse Another Sign That America’s Infrastructure Is In Bad Shape-- Oh come on. Bridge schmidge. Collapse, schmollapse. Everyone knows nothing is more important to Republican Congress members than hearings on Benghazi.
- Fortune 500 Company Wins Fight To Turn Women’s Safe House Into A Luxury Hotel-- What, you think women struggling to overcome drug addictions, prostitution, and escape from abusive husbands are more important than wealthy travelers who require Evian, fluffy white terry robes, and yoga mats? What kind of
corporationspeople are you?
- Ten Right Wingers Freak Out Over Boy Scouts Policy Change-- Ooo, gays are icky, say wingnuts. "BSA now stands for Boy Sodomizers of America," say wingnuts. How's that reachy-outy, inclusive thing workin' for ya, GOP?
- Congressman: Women Should Be Forced To Give Birth To Fetuses With No Brain Function-- It's indisputable that it is Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-TX) who has no brain function.
See what I mean? So who’s up for a couple of Margs or a trough of wine?