Sometimes I get so frustrated and/or disheartened and/or annoyed by some of the news stories of the day that I can’t bring myself to write about them. Here are a few recent reports that made my blood pressure hit the roof. I am avoiding delving into them at length out of concern for my physical and mental health.
- Man shoots self at NRA 500 in Texas-- It has been ruled a suicide from a gunshot to the head, and if you're a fan of irony, then you'll appreciate this: "Firearms were prohibited by Texas law from being brought in to the track by fans. The NRA's sponsorship of the race came under scrutiny when it was announced." #responsible #youdontunderstand #wegrewuparoundguns #AmericanTradition #selfprotection #JustATool
- 11 year-old Brings AR-15 To NH State House Gun Rally with a ‘Come and Take It’ Sign-- I'll just leave it with my pal Anomaly's quote, "Holy cow. A kid with a gun. What could go wrong?"
- GOP lawmakers call for media spotlight on abortion doctor’s trial: Republicans are hopeful attention on the Gosnell trial will reignite debate on the abortion issue-- "Reignite debate"? Seriously? The GOP is absolutely obsessed with, talks about, legislates, and initiates war on women's reproductive rights. "Re-ignite"?
- Dems fear Obama’s Social Security cut will haunt them in 2014 races-- Dems also fear that Obama's Social Security cut will haunt, you know, seniors (scroll).
- Sen. Mike Lee: Path To Citizenship Is ‘Deal Breaker’ For Me-- How’s that reachy-outy, makeovery, reinventiony thing workin’ for ya, GOP?
See what I mean? So who’s up for a couple of Margs or a trough of wine?