Oh, c'mon. Done nothing? How can anyone in their right mind say that? They've done everything in their legislative powers to protect us. Just take a partial look at what they've accomplished:
- They've cut wasteful spending on things like infrastructure.
- They've prevented us from having a personal responsibility over our ill conceived abilities to make choices for ourselves and our bodies.
- They've put up barriers for implementing unreasonable laws to make our lives safer.
- They've cut wasteful spending on hair brained ideas like solar energy and wind power.
- They cut wasteful spending on education.
- They've approved the Robert Boochever Federal Courthouse in Juneau Alaska. (What a relief that is)
- They've cut wasteful spending on science.
- They've cut wasteful spending reasonable prescription availability.
- They've cut back on wasteful savings on the war effort.
- They've approved $175 hammers for the military. Claw hammers, not the $225 ball pein variety
- They've cut back spending on embassy safety.
- They've cut back on wasteful spending on product safety.
- They've provided much needed tax benefits for the rich.
- They've finally taken the last ounce of blood from the poor.
- They've gotten rid of wasteful child services programs.
- They've cut back on wasteful spending on other social services.
- They've raised the cost of participation in Medicare.
- They've held 30+ votes to repeal healthcare.
- They've cut back on stupid clean air bills.
- They've vetoed silly jobs bills... actually all jobs bills.
- They've protected us by passing bills allowing for the indefinite detention of terrorism suspects without charge or proof.
- They've voted more support funding for the record breaking profits of big oil.
- They've stalled and refused to generate a workable federal budget.
- They've increased our national debt and all the while reducing our borrowing power.
- They've worked long and hard at making social security harder to receive.
- They've kept alive wars that we don't need.
- They gave us the... wait for it: "March of Dimes" commemorative coin act.
- The above is not to be confused with the "Mark Twain" Commemorative coin act.
- They've voted to allow the Pascua Yaqui Tribe to determine the requirements for membership to their tribe.
- They've cut that wasteful space program -- retired it completely.
- They've kept proper and necessary funding away from those ungratefulVeterans with PTSS and other related mental and physical ailments.
- They've kept us better protected by infringing on our privacy.
- They've allowed a few nuts to send us on an exciting trip over Niagara Falls, sorry -- I mean the fiscal cliff. (I keep getting those two mixed up)
This list could go on for days, but that would be wasteful and the 112th "do nothing" Congress should never be accused of that.
Feel free to add to this list, as I'm sure I must have missed something in the bevy of activity these paid, elected officials have been doing.
Let's be grateful for their (lack of) meaningful efforts. Without them, who knows how good we'd have it.
For the past 25 years, David Garber has been serving as the show runner and or writer on some of television’s biggest hits… Saved By The Bell, Power Rangers, 227, Bill Cosby Show and many other network series. His writing and producing have also netted David two very prestigious awards:the PRISM AWARD and the TV CRITICS AWARD – TV SPECIAL OF THE YEAR. Currently he’s authoring a short story series called “A Few Minutes With…”