I received this press release today. Enjoy, especially the little mention of Paul Ryan’s unpopularity:
New PPP Poll Shows Rep. Joe Walsh at Serious Risk of Losing Reelection
Poll Shows Walsh’s Outrageous Outbursts and Tea Party Ties Unpopular with Voters
San Francisco, CA — CREDO SuperPAC released a poll today from Public Policy Polling showing that if the election were held today, Rep. Walsh would most likely be out of a job. The poll also shows that a majority of voters would be less likely to vote for a member of Congress who is supported by the Tea Party or if they voted for the Paul Ryan budget that would gut Medicare benefits.
Rep. Walsh is no stranger to controversy. Just last week, Walsh said that radical Muslims in the U.S. are trying to “kill Americans every week.” It remains to be seen whether voters in Illinois’s 8th CD are turning against Walsh because of his recent race-baiting remarks.
Key findings from the poll:
- Only 41 percent of voters support electing Rep. Walsh to another term, while 50 percent support electing Democrat Tammy Duckworth.
- Only 39 percent of voters view Rep. Walsh favorably, compared to 44 percent who view him unfavorably.
- Fifty-two percent of voters said they would be less likely to support a candidate who voted for Paul Ryan’s budget that would cut Medicare benefits, compared to 30 percent who said it would make them more likely.
- Forty-six percent of voters said they would be less likely to vote for a candidate who was supported by the Tea Party, compared to just 31 percent who said it would make them more likely.
- Fifty-one percent of voters said they would be less likely to vote for a candidate who said that President Obama was elected because he was Black, compared to 10 percent who said it would make them more likely. Rep. Joe Walsh has repeatedly said that the reason voters elected President Obama was because he is Black.“This poll shows that Joe Walsh’s crazy, race-baiting remarks will most certainly come back to haunt him on Election Day,” said Becky Bond, President of CREDO SuperPAC. “CREDO SuperPAC’s campaign will continue mobilizing voters on the ground in Illinois to ensure that voters in his district know just how offensive Joe Walsh is before they cast their ballots this November.”
The PPP poll surveyed 500 voters in Illinois’s 8th Congressional District and has a margin of error of 4.38 percent. Read the entire poll results here: http://act.credoaction.com/