The Wonk Room is all over TPaw, so please go read their entire post. I'll list his lies, then hop over to TWR for their delightfully thorough debunkitude. From his speech this morning:
“I am going to tell you the truth. The truth is, Washington’s broken,” Pawlenty declared. “It’s time for new leadership. It’s time for a new approach. And, it’s time for America’s president – and anyone who wants to be president – to look you in the eye and tell you the truth.”
And then he went on to look America in the eye and tell these whoppers:
- Health care reform has added to the national debt. Social Security is in peril.
- Block granting Medicaid will “solve problems.”
- He reformed health system in Minnesota. “I know how to do health care reform right..."
- The United States is broke.
- He's against bailouts and “too-big-to-fail”.
- The NLRB can dictate to companies where to move.
- He's against energy subsidies.
Seven lies/gross exaggerations in his first speech as a candidate. Not the most auspicious start, Timmy.
You can read the whole thing here.